Federal Building, Hopkins Plaza, Baltimore, Maryland, April 2001. Photo by Diane F. Evartt.
Maryland Veterans Commission. The Veterans Relief Commission was renamed the Maryland Veterans Commission in 1935 (Chapter 481, Acts of 1935). In 1971, the Commission joined the Department of Employment and Social Services, which reformed the Department of Human Resources in 1975 (Chapters 370 and 617, Acts of 1971). In 1977, the Commission was made an independent agency (Chapter 895, Acts of 1977).
Department of Veterans Affairs. The Maryland Veterans Commission joined with the Maryland Veterans Home Commission and the War Memorial Commission to form the Department of Veterans Affairs in October 1999 (Chapter 125, Acts of 1999).
July 1, 2009
Note: In this past edition of Maryland Manual, some links are to external sites. View the current Manual